Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Just a thought

I was thinking this morning of what to blog about. I am a call center representative for Yankee Candle. So, if you call in to place an order from our catalog or our website, I may be who you talk to. As I was wondering what to talk about today, I started thinking about the orders we get. Some of our most popular fragrances are the simple ones, the ones that take us back to a simpler way of life. For example, one of our most popular fresh fragrances is Clean Cotton, which reminds people of clothes hanging on a clothes line. How many of us still use a clothes line? Most people I know use a dryer, because it is faster, more convenient. Yet, we still enjoy the scent of the clothesline. Some of our food fragrances that are popular are our baking scents, ie. buttercream, vanilla cupcake, chocolate cupcake, etc. How many of us still bake on a regular basis? I remember my mom baking, and, I do bake on occasion, but, do not have time with my busy schedule to do this on a regular basis. Yet, I love these fragrances, because it takes me back to when life was simpler.
This time of year our floral fragrances are very popular. Everyone is getting in the mood for spring. We may not have the time to grow a beautiful flower garden, but we know that, with one of these candles, we can still enjoy one. On and on I could go.
So, I guess what I am saying is, another thing candles do for us is soothe us, calm us, remind us of when life was simpler. So, come for a visit. Come find the fragrance that does this for you!